Thursday, October 1, 2009

naps at 6pm what I do when I'm traveling. Or so it seems for this trip.

Jet lag is so weird. My body just pretty much refuses to sleep at night. Once I do finally fall asleep, it's a very light and fitful sleep, and I way up ridiculously early. Then, I work all day, we come back to our hotel, and...take naps. and then get up. and then try to go back to sleep at "night."

So today was officially day 5 of this trip (though the first two days were taken up traveling to get I said before, India is FAR AWAY). We're still in Delhi, and have been working at our office here to train our new staff. We got a lot done over the last couple of days, so I think that we will have the opportunity tomorrow to visit a village where we have sponsored families. It will be so nice to be out in the community instead of cramped in an office (or hotel room)! Tomorrow we will fly to Chennai, where we will spend a few days training our staff there. It will be nice to be back in Chennai...I haven't been since last spring.

For those of you wondering, I have been feeling GREAT (aside from the nausea that I have come to expect from my malaria medication) (knock on wood). I thank you for all of the prayers and good thoughts and positive vibrations. They are very much appreciated. :)

I am finally starting to feel a little more culture-settled. It seems that I always feel a little (or a lot) culture-shocked when I arrive in India, and get homesick, but it always gets better. And I think I'm on that up-side now. But I can't promise that I won't send emo texts at times. :)

Anyway, I am missing you all, and am looking forward to coming home, but am having a nice time. Peace...


Jerri said...

So glad to hear from you again. Take care and know that we are all thinking about you and sending healthy vibes your way!

Mom said... was so nice to be able to talk to you last night (morning for you). And it was nice of you to call Vanessa this morning (night for you) to talk to her. Keep Safe! We love you...Mom